Until now, only MVPs and trainers are entitled to free SQL Enlight Licenses. Now everyone who authors a custom analysis rule and shares it with the SQL Server Community can also get a free personal license of SQL Enlight For SSMS worth $145.
What you will have to do?
1. Think of a new useful custom analysis rule and implement it.
2. Write a blog post that describes the practice, which it is enforcing and share the rule’s xml file.
You have your rule and post ready, what’s next?
Simply email your rule to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us link to a blog post describing the rule. Once we check the rule we will give you a free SQL Enlight For SSMS license.
Wondering where to start?
The Analysis Rule Designer which comes with the tools is not limited by the trial period and you can freely use it to learn create and test your analysis rules.
Here is some resources, which you can use:
- XSLT and XPath Reference
- How To: Create Analysis Rule with Rule Designer
- Analysis Architecture
- Analysis Rule
- Analysis Context
- SQML Schema
- XSLT Extension Functions
- How To: Suppress Analysis Rule Violations
- Create Static Analysis Rule with SQL Enlight – Step By Step Guide
- You can also use all existing analysis rules as examples
We are preparing a step by step tutorial for how to create a custom rule with SQL Enlight and will add a link to it in this post as soon as we have the tutorial published.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.