We are very excited to announce that the latest and greatest version of SQL Enlight, version 22.214.171.1249, is now available for download.
The new release of SQL Enlight includes: several usability improvements, 13 absolutely new analysis rules, and at last but definitely not at least is the support for directly executing database queries from within the analysis rules.
This new direct queries support, even not being exceptional by its means is quite useful and important and enables new opportunities for not only implementing static code analysis rules, but also for dynamic database analysis with SQL Enlight.
Major new improvements
- direct database querying support inside analysis rules
- support for SQL Server 2008 R2
- support for Visual Studio 2010
- analysis and layout running tasks now support cancellation
- the default analysis template now includes 22 new analysis rules since the last SQL Enlight release 126.96.36.1992
New analysis rules
The analysis rules added since the latest analysis template are:
Some of the new rules (SA0056, EX0010,EX0011,Ex0012,Ex0013, Ex0014,Ex0015,Ex0016 and Ex0017) are based on the information from the SQL Server Dynamic Management Views and Functions, and utilize the new SQL Enlight feature for supporting direct SQL Server queries.
You can find the whole list of analysis rules included in the default analysis template here.