Just at the at the end of 2009, we are happy to announce the CTP release of SQL Enlight 1.7! It took us a while, but we think that the result is worth it.
The new version can download here.
- Analysis context – server details and database schema are now available during analysis and can be used in the analysis rules.
- Parameterized analysis rules – analysis rules can have parameters that to be specified before analysis.
- Executed statements history – new feature for saving reusing executed queries in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Improved analysis rule designer – support the new analysis context, testing of XPath expressions, tree views of test query SQML and analysis.
- Explicit analysis group – rules in that group can be executed directly from the SQL Enlight menu.
- New analysis rules – the default analysis template now includes 9 more rules ( 5 of them are explicit rules ).
- Export and import of analysis rules and analysis templates – analysis template and analysis rules now can be exported and easily shared between team members.
- Analysis before executing T-SQL script – analysis can be configured to be run just before executing T-SQL code in SSMS.
- Analysis rule selection before analysis – now you can choose which rules to use just before running the analysis.
- Extended SSMS object explorer analysis menu – the menu now allows using specific analysis group or analysis rule separately.
- Several other integration and usability improvements.
This release is a CTP which includes the new features of the coming version 1.7. What the final version is going to include are some optinizations,improvements and completed documentation.
The final version will be available at the beginning of February 2010. Until then, any feedback and feature requests are welcome.
That’s all for now from us, have a nice holidays, Marry Christmas and Happy New Year!